MelodyVision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you vote for your 10 favourite songs?

+4
Switzerland09
Guy
PecheMelba113
gundam_kola01
8 posters

Go down

How do you vote for your 10 favourite songs? Empty How do you vote for your 10 favourite songs?

Post  gundam_kola01 Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:20 am

Hi fellow "MV-ers".

As the title stated above, how do you guys normally vote for your top 10 favourite songs?
Country? Melody that appeals to you? Laughing
Do you really listen to every countries' entries or you wait for the preview of semi-finals?
:?:
gundam_kola01
gundam_kola01

Back to top Go down

How do you vote for your 10 favourite songs? Empty Re: How do you vote for your 10 favourite songs?

Post  PecheMelba113 Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:14 pm

I wait for the playlist firstly Smile
Then I play it fully,and after I wrote on a paper my favs Very Happy
Later,I listen to semi-finals,and only there I make my top 10 Wink
PecheMelba113
PecheMelba113

https://www.youtube.com/user/PecheMelba113

Back to top Go down

How do you vote for your 10 favourite songs? Empty Re: How do you vote for your 10 favourite songs?

Post  Guy Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:29 pm

I first listen to all songs and decide which ones I like and which I don't
Then when the recap is online I decide on my top ten Rolling Eyes
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Switzerland09 Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:33 am

I just watch Videos of Songs there are sounds like,
then i watch the recap and note if the song is better than the previous
Switzerland09
Switzerland09

http://www.rythmvision.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  quiquiquo Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:11 am

I also consider the way the music is played. The choice of musical instruments used to interpret the music and the way it was played. I really like the Venezuela entry of MV3. Too bad it was disqualified. The music was interpreted by merging Classical and Reggae instruments.
quiquiquo
quiquiquo

Back to top Go down

Post  hawadharma Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Alright, nice discussion going on here Very Happy

I can tell a great song from its intro. If the intro is catchy and memorable, then I would listen to the whole song.
And I would almost probably vote for that song. Razz Razz

After few editions of MV, I have already identified which countries usually send in great songs and listen to them first. Laughing Laughing

In case I missed any great song, the recap is my last resort. Very Happy
hawadharma
hawadharma

Back to top Go down

Post  quiquiquo Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:39 pm

I agree with what Hawadharma said. I think we should not just focus on the REFRAIN of the song when we judge. We should consider the totality of the song. From the intro, the verses, the refrain, the bridge, and the ending. The INTRO will give the good first impression that will help us listen on, the VERSES will keep us interested to the music, the REFRAIN will leave a mark for us to remember the music, the BRIDGE will give a surprising climax that you won't expect while the ENDING will give us the motivation to listen to the music again. Although we don't understand the lyrics of the entries, the melody of the song are strong enough for us to understand what the song is about. Good way to judge if the melody is effective if we are able to understand the message of the song through the melody alone. Try searching for english translations of the songs submitted after listening to it and then you can tell if the melody is effective and compelling enough.
quiquiquo
quiquiquo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolay_Bulgaria Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:01 am

I personally when don`t find the intro good, i don`t listen to the whole song (and that is not only for the contest). But listened the whole songs and got my favourites and than i wait the recap to see in what semi finals the songs are and how they stand on the recap :face:
Nikolay_Bulgaria
Nikolay_Bulgaria
Admin

Location : Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria ; Велико Търново, България ; Βέλικο Τάρνοβο, Βουλγαρία ;

https://melodyvision.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bhalord Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:23 pm

as for me,,,, i listen a song every country with my own criteria,,, such as vocals,,,,

i list out and ranked every song in paper,,, then try to see the quality of certain song that can give some bonus such as melody, eventhough hardly to understand the lyrics.... it does not matter of country that represent the song but the song itself must have some quality and also creativity in its own way... good job MelodyVision,,,, :cheers:

bhalord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down